As we work to raise awareness and support in the U.S., a lot of activity is taking place in Nicaragua. Our dedicated team in Managua and Boaco are working hard to keep our project moving forward. Here are some highlights of our progress:
• The American Nicaraguan Foundation inspected the clinic on Oct. 4 to approve us for receiving medications and support through their incredible foundation. Thanks, ANF!
• The Ministry of Health visited Clinica Verde on Oct. 20 to inspect the clinic for approval. Thanks to this great MINSA team for their time and attention. We hope to satisfy their requirements quickly so we can begin the work of serving impoverished Nicaraguans!
• Recommended personnel are being reviewed by our legal rep in Nicaragua, Rafael Morales, and Clinica Verde Board Vice-Chair, Dr. Elquis Castillo.
• Former Minister of Health of Nicaragua and CV Board Member Margarita Gurdian spend time in Nicaragua following an assignment with USAID in Angola, and met with officials and CV team members to review goals and action items prior to clinic opening.
• CV volunteer Jennifer Owen is in Boaco helping with clinic setup. She has been an enormous blessing to our project.
We are moving forward!