Helping in Global Health, Education and Reform
Clinica Verde offers opportunities for short- and long-term internships for college or graduate level students in a variety of settings including medicine, nursing, global/public health, rural development, business and journalism. Students conduct self-directed projects through clinic programs or may implement a program of their own. For more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email completed forms to email@example.com
- Introduction to Nicaragua, Clinica Verde
- Medical Spanish
- Technical Training: Vital Signs, Immunizations
- Work at Clinica Verde: shadow patients to learn about their lifestyles and influences to their health;
- Give charlas (educational talks) in the waiting room
- Visit schools (elementary and high schools) to give charlas, interact with peer teens
- Work with partner NGO’s in the ﬁeld (AMOS / Peace Corps)
- Individually-designed research and field projects
Fees: $250 per week plus airfare, room and board, transportation in Nicaragua, and international medical insurance. HIGHER’s program fees also help provide general operating support of the clinic in Boaco, Nicaragua to assist with medications and other supplies to give our patients the best care we can.
For longer-term rotations, please email Rafael Morales at: firstname.lastname@example.org