Helping in Global Health, Education and Reform
Nicaragua – ON HOLD
This program is currently on hold as the US Embassy has issued a travel alert due to civil unrest and crime in Nicaragua at this time.
Clinica Verde has partnered with the University of Alabama at Birmingham to offer a program in International Medical Education. This medical enrichment program allows students to gain a cross-cultural understanding of global healthcare, assist underserved populations, foster research and educational partnerships, rotate on inpatient medical wards and outpatient clinics, and engage in community outreach activities. The program is designed to encourage and develop humanitarian attitudes and cross-cultural understanding among physicians-in-training. Clinica Verde provides all logistics for this elective opportunity, including transportation to and from the airport, coordinating host family accommodations, meals and laundry services, and providing students with weekend activities and/or excursions. For more info, email email@example.com
- Introduction to Nicaragua, Clinica Verde
- Technical Training: Vital signs, immunizations, cervical cancer screening and prevention, HIV prevention and sexual health and well-being in youth, family planning, risk pregnancy care, postpartum care, illness care of children, disease care of adolescents, care for chronic noncommunicable diseases, infectious diseases and adult counseling on healthy lifestyles
- Give charlas (educational talks) in the waiting room
- Visit schools (elementary and high schools) to give charlas/educational talks
- Work with partner NGO’s in the ﬁeld
- Individually-designed research and field projects
Fees: $4,000 for the 4-week medical education program plus airfare.
For longer-term rotations, please email Rafael Morales at: firstname.lastname@example.org