About the Organization
Founded in 2007, Clínica Verde’s mission is to serve as a “new model of care for families in need.”
Clínica Verde is a global healthcare organization that has created and operates a prototype of a sustainably designed clinic in Boaco, Nicaragua with a focus on providing high-quality maternal and pediatric clinical and preventive health education services. What Clínica Verde offers is wholly unique among health centers for the underserved in this region: a staff guided by compassion and dignity for the poor; a clinic grounded in principles of sustainable and human-centered design; and the provision of nutrition and health education to enhance self-efficacy and preventive health.
We seek a part-time Impact Director capable of growing our existing development strategy, creating effective partnerships and providing U.S.-based leadership.
We are guided by the belief that everything we do and produce as a response to poverty and human suffering should acknowledge the value and potential of each life while demonstrating respect for the shared resources of our world.
Our core values that guide us as an organization are to be: compassionate, innovative, sustainable, and ethical.
Clinica Verde offers high-quality medical care and health education, promoting a sense of dignity and respect to those in need. Our services include:
- Women’s Health
- Children’s Health
- Adolescent Health
- Care for Adults
- Laboratory Services
In addition to our direct medical services, we run a number of programs that enable us to increase our outreach to and impact within the community both in the Boaco region and abroad. Some examples of these programs include:
- Bio-intensive Garden
- Maternal Infant Nutrition Program
- HIGHER (Helping in Global Health, Education, and Reform) Program
Current Annual Operating Budget: $280,000
[Budget is covered by fundraising from both individuals and foundations. 26% of clinic operating costs is currently covered by earned income at the clinic.]
Clinica Verde employs 14 people in Nicaragua and 1 FTE (CEO) in the U.S., a grant writer on contract, and interns.
Impact Director, Part-Time (50% FTE)
We seek a part-time Impact Director capable of growing our existing development strategy.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Impact Director will have strategic and operational oversight of Clínica Verde’s development approach and partnership outreach. The Impact Director should have exceptional fundraising and donor management skills in order to support the expansion of Clínica Verde’s vision and long-term sustainability and should be deeply committed to Clínica Verde’s mission. We would prefer the Impact Director to be located in the Bay Area where much of our donor base and Board of Directors reside.
We envision the Impact Director’s time to be split in roughly the following proportions:
- 60% Fundraising & Development (grants, donor cultivation, individual asks)
- 15% Communications & Marketing (including website and blog updates, monthly newsletters and reports)
- 15 % Partnership and Community Outreach (including talks, speaking engagements)
- 5 % Finance/Accounting
- 5 % Event Planning & Management
Fundraising & Development:
- Expand fundraising activities to support existing program operations
- Cultivate high net worth donors and donor organizations, as well as maintain ongoing relationships with funders and partners
- Oversee and help promote any crowdfunding campaigns as well as other fundraising events (e.g. auction, PUC triathlon)
- Work with in-country Medical Director/Executive Director to develop a long range fundraising and donor relations plan
Communications & Marketing:
- Oversee management of:
- Deepening and refining all aspects of communications—from web presence to social media to external relations
- Website design changes, as needed
- Communications and marketing materials for outreach and PR
- Clínica Verde’s social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, blog, and others)
- Monthly newsletter
Partnership and Community Outreach:
• Connect with partnership organizations to expand our work and broaden our network
- Accept targeted speaking engagements to promote Clínica Verde’s work
Event Planning & Management:
- Plan and oversee public outreach and supporter cultivation through events
- With oversight and assistance from the Board, review monthly financial reporting with accountant
The Impact Director will be passionate, energetic, self-motivated and committed to Clínica Verde’s mission. All candidates should have proven development planning, grant writing and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Excellent marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders, cultivating existing relationships of Clínica Verde as well as building new ones through the candidate’s own network and others’
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with the use of social media to promote and fundraise for Clínica Verde’s work
- Experience with planning and coordinating fundraising events
- Ability to develop staff relationships remotely
- Past success working with a Board of Directors
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
We are a growing organization and are looking for a self-driven individual who is looking for a position that will expand in leadership, scope and salary in the near future.
Benefits and Salary
How to Apply
Please send your resume along with a 250-word statement or 3-minute video of why you would be amazing at this job to: email@example.com